Monday, April 27, 2009

The drive out was long! But I will not make the post long. So far I like Minnesota. We are in nice, new apartments and live right off the Mississippi river. It isn't humid yet but I hear it will be. So far we've just all been hangin out having dinners together and playing games. I think it will be a fun summer!
Here's Brynlee gettin dada's shades on to start cruisin away out of Park city, our first of many stops.
The open road of Wyoming and the nothingness of it. We didn't like Wyoming much.

We stopped for just a minute at Martin's cove. All I can say is that would be a LONG walk!


Seeing Mt Rushmore for the first time was pretty sweet. I was in a wheel chair here (and most of our stops) but I had to stand up for a descent pic. I was seriously gimpy for the trip.
We also saw a wild mountain goat that was just hangin around the monument, that was the highlight for the kids that were in our group.

The final sunset before getting to our new home. Home sweet home.....for now, calm down mom!




3 comments:

  1. That will be so fun for you guys! I wish we could have done somehting like that before the kiddies started coming. I don't know how Tara does it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm jealous you've been to Mt. Rushmore! Also, I'm confused as to how you already know so many people in Minnesota, do you have family there?

    ReplyDelete
  3. No Rach. We came out here with a group of people all from Utah. We are good friends with 1 couple and have been getting to know the rest. Turns out I went to high school with a lot of the people here. Our company is based out of Utah and they relocate people to work and sell for the summer in other various states. Did that make sense?

    ReplyDelete