Saturday, April 24, 2010

The news

We have had a lot going on! Between packing, cleaning, and last minute shopping trips, driving 48 hours straight and shopping several times in our new town for the summer there hasn't been much time for anything except...RELAXING!! We have been super busy but when we can stop we do. We've been exploring our new summer home town, going to the beach, and swimming at our very convenient apartment pool! I am LOVING Florida so far and hope that love sticks through the mucky weather time.

Brynn after napping somewhere along the drive. Doesn't she look happy??


We arrived in Florida to our new place on Monday which was my birthday, best gift was being DONE driving! We were all really wiped out but got moved in and settled pretty quickly. I love our apartment complex and the area. Our apartment is really nice but it doesn't quite feel like home yet, that shouldn't take long.

Feeding our neighborhood ducks, they are a little freaky and come right up close and hiss!At Fort Lauderdale Beach! Lots of fun but man we are white!

Now the exciting news that concludes my last post. We went to my 20 week ultrasound (I was still only 18 weeks). Everything was normal except our little one is not so little, measuring a little on the big side, yikes! Anyway they had a little trouble determining the gender because our baby was being private and the cord was between the legs. However after much deliberation they concluded our baby is 95% likely a GIRL!!!! Honestly I was a little surprised and Jared was a little bummed (that punk) but it all started sinking in and we started getting really excited soon after! Jared got me beautiful pink flowers and a card that night to reassure me that he was very excited for our baby girl, whom Brynnie (our pretend daughter for now) has affectionately named "Baby Princess!" (Jared was also the first to come home with a little pink sleeper).
We are SO excited for the summer adventures and even more excited about our Baby Princess!

4 comments:

  1. Yay! Another girl cousin to play dress up and barbies! Do you realize that Zoe and Baby Princess will only be 10 months apart? They are going to be such good friends.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats! I'm excited for you both. And way to go Jared for being a great man.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey you!!! Congrats on your pregnancy, and your GIRL!!!! That is so exciting! I am crossing my fingers that now is the "girl wave" you know, when everyone you know is all having girls!!!! Your belly is so small! I'm so embarrassed, I'm only at 13 weeks and seriously look like I'm 6 months pregnant!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I can't wait to meet you guys down there! Your hair is looking so long and lovely, in that first pic for some reason, you really look very pretty.. maybe you just got out of the car after 58 hours?? See you guys soon!! So excited for baby Princess!

    ReplyDelete